Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Future corporate leaders of America, hit the showers! That's what Columbia Business School is telling its first-years going through corporate recruiting. Admins at the prestigious grad school sent out the below list of grooming and hygiene tips because: "It has come to our attention (through complaints from IBC board representing firms they are going to full time) that some of you may not have followed personal hygiene basics during recruiting events." Wow.
- Brush your teeth regularly, or have a mint/mouth refreshers before going to recruiting events (avoid chewing gums)· Columbia b-school students need personal hygiene help [Gothamist]
- Carry anti-perspirant with you if you are worried about sweating. Don’t wear too much cologne/perfume
- Carry a sewing mini-toolkit, in case your suit hems need an emergency sewing
- Professional haircuts
- No backpacks with you
- Men - no tacky cufflinks or watches (with no crazy patterns, silver is preferable to gold)
- Women - wear (preferably skin colored) hosiery and always carry an extra pair in your bag
- Women - if it rains, do not show up in rain boots, no matter how cute you think they are