Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
There's a pretty spectacular gallery on Buzzfeed right now featuring lots of photos of North Korean despot-slash-dictator Kim Jong Il doing various random things—like looking at fish (above), looking at corn, yelling at corn, looking at cows, and holding a red pail. In most of the photos, Kim is wearing his favorite furry hat. Since he's such a fashion icon, we thought it might be quite cool to "get the despot look." After all, he is super on-trend this season, as faux fur hats are just about everywhere.
· Ignite faux fur trapper hat, $56 at ASOS
· Muhlbauer fur hat, $622 at MyTheresa.com
· Faux fur horned cossack hat, $40 at Topshop
· Gilly Forge "Francis" hat, $170 at Barneys
· Trapper hat, $135 at Calypso St. Barth