Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Animal-friendly faux fur is everywhere this season—but the key to tastefully wearing this trend is to keep it simple, subtle, and understated. Racked's new trendwatcher Donna Kim picks her six favorite pieces that are in stores now.
1. ASOS' Fantasy Fur Headband, $21 at asos.com: Faux fur headbands may seem unexpected, but for just $21 you get warmth and a luxe look.
2. Acne Leather and shearling jacket, $2,480 at net-a-porter.com: Get two trends for the price of one with this ACNE jacket—the cropped jacket is hot off the runway this season, and the fold-down collar’s asymmetry makes this a true statement piece.
3. Topshop lock clutch, $80 at topshop.com: The juxtaposition of the structured leather flap and a slouchy, furry base makes this clutch go with pretty much anything in your wardrobe.
4. Marc by Marc Jacobs "Cheeky" scarf, $280 at net-a-porter.com: This scarf embodies elegance with its draped faux fur and features a playful polka dot tie to dress up any outfit.
5. Forever 21 ankle boots, $33 at Forever 21: Furry footwear is all the buzz and Forever 21’s budget-friendly booties sets the trend with a 5-inch heel and color-complementing details.
6. Nine West "Bootcamp" camo bracelet, $46 at ninewest.com: This cuff, made of faux cow fur, adds a clever touch to your wrist with camo print and gold accents.
· All Trendwatcher posts [Racked]