Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Try a different approach with vests—wearing them as the focal point of your outfit instead of hidden under a jacket. Keep the underlayers a solid color and let the vest stand out on its own. Racked trendwatcher Donna Kim picks six of her favorite vests that are in stores now.
1. Dries Van Noten leopard print gilet, $1216 at farfetch.com: This vest hits right below the hips to flatter any figure with a utilitarian belt to cinch in the waist.
2. Miss Me hardware vest, $74 at amazon.com: Cropped and draped with a hook-and-eye closure, this beaded vest would work with a fitted long-sleeve shirt and skinny jeans for a casual but sophisticated look.
3. Diane von Furstenberg “Ellowyn” silk-chiffon vest, $300 at net-a-porter.com: The racerback and long armholes give an effortless and free-flowing appeal with gold beaded, bohemian-inspired trim.
4. Aaron Ashe “Notting Hill” silk vest, $196 at helianthusny.com: Made of 100% silk and features romantic ruffles all along the front-side to elongate the frame.
5. Anna Sui silk tulle sequined waistcoat, $500 at net-a-porter.com: Adorned with sequins, this waistcoat is perfect for evening over a LBD or leather leggings.
6. Faux fur buckle gilet, $160 at Topshop: Cozy faux fur with a buckle fastening to assure a flattering silhouette.
· All trendwatcher posts [Racked]