Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Part of figuring out what eye shadow look is best for you is by experimenting. To this end, palettes and sets with a large variety colors and textures will save you time and money. Racked trendwatcher Donna Kim picks six of her favorite eye shadow sets that are in stores now.
1. Colorful pro eye shadow palette, $12 at Sephora: This neutral palette is ideal for anyone who is afraid of experimenting with colors—each shadow is soft enough for a natural look, but can be darkened for a smoky eye.
2. Tarte “Femme Naturale” eye palette, $44 at ulta.com: This 10-shadow palette has romantic colors including pale pinks and truffle browns—plus it includes a professional eye shadow brush and double-sided eyeliner pencil.
3. Guerlain “Ombre Eclat” palette, $58 at bloomingdales.com: The aubergine, glimmering orange, crème pearl and gold shadows are velvety smooth, long-lasting colors.
4. E.L.F “Bright Quad” eye shadow set, $5 at target.com: Each shadow is paired with the perfect complimenting highlighter and the kit includes a double-sided eyeliner and brush.
5. Smashbox “Masquerade” palette, $35 at drugstore.com: With both glimmery and matte eye shadows, this compact of nine colors are all sleek shades that can be combined to achieve a wide variety of looks.
6. Bare Escentuals “Women of BE” eye color collection, $80 at qvc.com: Swirl, tap, and buff Bare Escentuals’ luminous 20-piece eye colors to achieve a smoky eye, subtle glamour, and natural beauty.
· All trendwatcher posts [Racked]