Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
In the new issue of V magazine, which hits newsstands this Friday, Cedric Buchet has photographed five powerful women in the image-making industry—Cecilia Dean, Carol Alt, Pat Cleveland, Martine Malle, and Emmanuelle Seigner—who "defy time with confidence, never betraying the essence of who they are." Some notable quotes from the story:
· “I’m a thousand times more confident than I was ten or twenty years ago. I’m also healthier, smarter, fitter, stronger, and faster than ever.” – Cecilia Dean · “The sexiest thing about a women is her health. When you feel good, everyone is attracted to you. But if you look sick, they’ll steer a wild path around you.” – Carol Alt
· “My heart controls my head. And thank God!” – Martine Malle
· “I live my life like a dog: I sniff what smells good, eat what tastes good, and run after squirrels! Think like a dog and your life will be fine, you bitches!” – Pat Cleveland
· “Age is a number on a piece of paper.” – Emmanuelle Seigner
· V Magazine [Official Site]