Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Socks, we find, are an increasingly important part of our wardrobe—especially if you're planning on traveling this season and going through airport security. While you're being majorly frisked by the TSA, rest easy that your stylish choice in soft footwear is making a fashion statement to everyone behind you in the security line.
1. Pantone socks, $14 at ASOS.com: For the aesthetes and perfectionists in your life—a touch of color-coordinating for the feet.
2. Sock it To Me black cat knee-highs, $7 at Punk.com: Any budding goth or black cat fanatic will appreciate these whimsical knee-highs.
3. Polo Ralph Lauren striped socks, $24 at Saks Fifth Avenue: Prepsters and collegiate-style lovers will take a shine to these socks. Big bold stripes are our personal favorites for getting through airport security. There's our TSA statement.
4. "Dewsbury" boot socks, $19 at Jack Wills: Boot socks don't have to be dreary and woolly—these pink-and-blue stripy numbers are youthful and charming. And a little preppy to boot. Ha.
5. Hello Kitty secret socks, $8 at Nordstrom: Who can resist these ten kitties—a pair of secret socks for every day of the week!
6. Moustache socks, 3 for $20 at Urban Outfitters: It's facial hair, for your feet!