Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Going to tanning salons can cost you a fortune in time and money. Opt for a self-tanning application you can do at the convenience of your home—whenever you want. Racked trendwatcher Donna Kim picks six of her favorite self-tanners and sprays that are in stores now.
1. Dior bronze self-tanner for body, $33 at sephora.com: In less than one hour, your skin will radiate with a sun-kissed glow. In a silky and tinted cream base, the application process is simple and will go onto your skin smoothly.
2. Sally Hansen airbrush sun for face, $3 at amazon.com: Enriched with vitamins and natural ingredients, this formula is meant for any skin type- hold the can 12 inches from your face for a quick and easy radiance.
3. Clarins delectable self-tanning mousse, $42 at sephora.com: The lightweight and fluffy texture makes you want to slather the entire tub onto your body. It’s a 3-in-1 product that serves as a moisturizer, SPF 15, and a self-tanner.
4. Jergens natural glow daily moisturizer, $9 at drugstore.com: Available for three different skin tones, this moisturizer helps you reach your optimum color after only one week of daily use.
5. Rodial “Brazilian Touch” airbrush spray, $49 at nordstrom.com: Serves as a spray-tan for both face and body to achieve an instant, enviable Brazilian tan.
6. St. Tropez everyday gradual tan for body, $30 at sephora.com: Unlike many other self-tanners, this lotion does not have the typical self-tanner scent and the luscious tan appears within a few days of frequent use.
· All trendwatcher posts [Racked]