Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Dare yourself away from the classic reds and wedding pinks with this season’s hottest polishes. This season, it’s all about the grays, metallics, and mod colors. Racked’s trendwatcher Donna Kim picks six of our favorite shades and collections that are in stores now.
1. Sephora by OPI Chic Prints for Nails in Tiger, $15 at sephora.com: Why spend over $100 for the popular Minx procedure, when you can DIY for $15 with Sephora’s innovative precut nail patches? In 8 funky patterns, your nails will be a definite standout.
2. Nars Vintage Nail Polish Collection, $16 each at nordstrom.com: This series of nail polishes pay homage to all the hit color trends this fall—the formula is very smooth and one coat will do for a lasting shine.
3. OPI Burlesque Edition, $9 at opi.com: Burlesque, the new movie starring Cher, has inspired OPI to create a glamorous collection of sparkly shades, perfect for the holidays.
4. Orly nail polish Orange Punch, $6 at orlydiva.com: Orly nail polish is highly pigmented and long-lasting, and that’s essential to rock this season’s It-color, orange—seen all over the runways from Prabal Gurung to Sonia Rykiel, and is a refreshing change from the classic red.
5. Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in 505 Particulière, $23 at nordstrom.com: There’s always one particular shade of Chanel polish that sells out within seconds, and this shade of taupe could be next—a grayish taupe color that is sophisticated and chic.
6. Yves Saint Laurent Holiday Collection Nail Lacquer in White Gold, $20 at
nordstrom.com: A shiny silver looks great on any skin tone, and this particular color will make your hands glow with YSL’s long-lasting and quick-drying polish.
· All Trendwatcher posts [Racked]