Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
It's time to pull out the outerwear—but instead of a regular pea coat or jacket, try a cape or poncho. Comfortable and effortlessly chic, the key to wearing this drapy trend is to keep the bottom half of your outfit tight and form-fitting. Racked trendwatcher Donna Kim picks her six favorite pieces that are in stores now.
1. T by Alexander Wang leather-trimmed jersey poncho, $245 at net-a-porter.com: This has a leather pocket and is athletically inspired for an unexpected take on a pullover poncho.
2. “Fidelity” short cape, $178 at Steven Alan: A vibrant red toggle cape is a must-have, and the thick hood will keep you warm and help withstand those
3. Matthew Williamson intarsia poncho, $1,350 at net-a-porter.com: This black and white silk and cashmere-blend piece is not only comfortable but gives just the right amount of drama.
4. Kate Moss for Topshop embroidered cape, $98 at topshop.com: Embellished and cropped to perfection, this cape dresses up any outfit.
5. H&M trench cape, $70 at hm.com: A trench cape is so much cooler than a regular trench coat and the tie-belt will help cinch in a waist.
6. Halston Heritage link buckle cape, $677 at my-wardrobe.com: A blend of cashmere, silk lining and Halston’s signature metal clasp on the shoulder gives the drapy silhouette a more night-out and elegant feel.
· All trendwatcher posts [Racked]