Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Booties come in all shapes, sizes and heights. They should be a shoe staple in every closet, and work brilliantly with cuffed jeans, tights, and flirty dresses. Racked trendwatcher Donna Kim picks six of her favorite booties for every occasion that are in stores now.
1. Chloe suede wedge short boots, $850 at intermixonline.com: A 4-inch platform and ribbed attached fabric means that this Chloe bootie is meant for comfort—and style.
2. Steve Madden “Warrick” studded wooden wedges, $129 at bloomingdales.com: Clogs seem to be an ongoing trend, and it’s refreshing to see it in the form of a wedge. The peeptoe and sky-high wedge makes it ultra sexy and ideal for a night out.
3. Luichiny “Nicka Bee” peep-toe platforms, $95 at endless.com: It comes in four bold colors, but the royal blue has an elegant and demure appeal.
4. Heavy Machine “Tadao’s Malachite,” $308 at helianthusny.com: This shoe is a true conversation starter with its complex and stylish details, deep malachite lambskin, and gunmetal hardware.
5. United Nude “Iris” gold platforms, $1,207 at brownsfashion.com: Even though the heel is a staggering 6", the hidden 2" platform makes this bootie surprisingly comfortable.
6. Sam Edelman “Vancouver” suede lace-ups, $225 at piperlime.com: This military-inspired bootie is ultra-stylish with it’s intricate buckle details, army green suede, and rugged platform.
· All trendwatcher posts [Racked]