Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Bedbug infestations? So last season. This fall, New York City's been hit with an epidemic of—wait for it—single bedbugs. They're taking over the city one at a time. Today, The Cut reported that they found one bedbug at the J. Crew offices. Its loner brethren have also made their presences known at Bloomingdale's, Macy's, and FIT. So, what's up with that? Are the bugs practicing a new strategy of divide-and-conquer or is this simply a case of companies downplaying the truth?
· Breaking: Lone Bedbug Discovered at J.Crew’s Offices [The Cut]
· Bloomingdale's finds single bedbug [Curbed NY]
· FIT warns students of lone bedbug attacker [The Cut]
· Macy's and Bloomingdale's announce buy-something get-bedbugs-free [Racked NY]
· All bedbugs coverage [Racked]
· All BedbugFest2010 coverage [Racked NY]