Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
This wintertime, a little shimmer goes a long way—starting with your nails. Metallics, sparkle, and glitter are the hottest way to rock a manicure and pedicure. Racked trendwatcher Donna Kim picks six of her favorite nail polishes that are in stores now.
1. Nars “Full Metal Jacket” vintage nail polish, $16 at Barneys: Nars nail polish has a reputation for being pigmented and chip-resistant, and one coat of this grey-blue metallic will do the job.
2. CoverGirl “City Lights” topcoat, $4 at Drugstore.com: Whether it’s applied as a topcoat or a solo shade, this shimmery silver polish adds instant glamour.
3. Estee Lauder “Surreal Violet” nail lacquer, $18 at Nordstrom.com: In a luxurious, holographic magenta, this is the perfect holiday shade.
4. Deborah Lippmann “Boom Boom Pow” nail color, $20 at Barneys: This nail polish actually contains 24k gold dust, so it’s not only gleaming with gold, but showstopping.
5. OPI “Yule Love This Silver Glitter,” $9 at Hair Boutique Marketplace: A part of their holiday collection, this silver shade is non-stop shiny and glittery. Two coats of it will look sophisticated and sleek.
6. Dior “Gold Revolution” vernis, $21 at Sephora.com: In a limited-edition gold steel color this Dior will add high-fashion flair to your nails.
· All trendwatcher posts [Racked]