Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
There are so many different kinds of makeup brushes out there to choose from—but we think all you really need is a set that has everything already organized for you. Racked trendwatcher Donna Kim picks six of her favorite brush sets that are in stores now.
1. e.l.f. professional 5 piece brush kit, $10 at drugstore.com: Five essential brushes that are perfect for traveling—includes face brushes and various eye shadow contour brushes.
2. Sonia Kashuk “Shimmer & Shine” 5 piece cosmetic brush set, $11 at Target: The brushes are encased in a shimmery and sleek silver zip-around case—with a mirror!— for convenience.
3. Bare Escentuals buffing brushes, $49 at Sephora: The chocolate brown case is perfect for your vanity table, and the brushes are all signature favorites from the Bare Escentuals collection.
4. Sigma 12-piece professional brush set, $79 at Amazon.com: These brushes are all high quality makeup brushes used by professionals and has everything you need.
5. Makeup Artist Brush Belt Set, $275 at Sephora: The ultimate gift for anyone who is an aspiring makeup artist, or anyone who needs all their brushes in one place; there is every kind of brush imaginable in this set.
6. Bobbi Brown basic brush collection, $175 at Barneys.com: Six of the best and essential brushes from Bobbi Brown’s collection all tucked in a sleek black cosmetic bag.
· All trendwatcher posts [Racked]