Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
A pre-packaged beauty gift set is the best last-minute present for any beauty junkie on your list. Racked trendwatcher Donna Kim picks six of her favorite kits that are in stores now.
1. “Bath time Favorites” bath bomb set, $45 at Lush: Nine of Lush’s best-selling, holiday-appropriate bath bombs are neatly packed in a festive tin box.
2. Nars “Follow The Boys” lip gloss set, $40 at Sephora: All of Nars' signature lip glosses in one set is a great gift set—or can be separated for a stocking stuffer.
3. The Color Workshop “Savvy” color compact set, $10 at Drugstore.com: The perfect beauty-on-a-budget palette with 154 colors of both eye shadows and lip glosses—plus it comes with brushes and a full-sized mirror.
4. YBF “Baked Goodies and Chopsticks” set, $30 at HSN.com: Supermodel and entrepreneur Stacey Schieffelin created a line of simple and easy-to-wear makeup—and this set of two eyeliners and three lip glosses works on anyone and for any kind of look.
5. Kiehl’s “Delights” set, $39 at barneys.com: Includes various hand and face creams for everyday wear.
6. MAC “A Tartan Tale-Swining Violets’” mineralize kit, $50 at Nordstrom.com: MAC’s latest collection, “A Tartan Tale” consists of adorable tin makeup cases and neutral cosmetics.
· All trendwatcher posts [Racked]