Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Love, Frank loves giving (as well as receiving) and in the spirit of this—the holiday season—we bring you the Love, Frank Gift Guide. Covetable giftables for style-minded guys. Today: Polished last-minute generics you can pick up and wrap up for just about any man in your life—whether you know him very well or not (and for Frank, if you're so inclined—hint, hint).
1. The Scarf: Luxuriously light lambswool in the most neutral of neutrals—this barely-branded Fred Perry cableknit from ASOS would look great and feel delicious on just about anyone's neck. It's $94.82.
2. The Watch: Swatch watches are always a welcome gift—they're durable and adorable, easy to maintain, collectible and very affordable. This black-on-black 'Rebel' is a notch or two bigger than the classic Swatch and will even tell you the day and date. It's $65 at Nordstrom's site.
3. The Gloves: Buttery-deerskin in a just slightly off-neutral ocher, these gloves are by J.Crew. A nice, not-overly bulky upgrade for wearers of mittens or fingerless iterations; a breath of fresh air for grown-ups and their stodgy, colorless adult gloves—they're available now at the brand's site for $78.
4. The Book: For anyone with a shred of enthusiasm for classic American style or a devotion to anything collegiate—Take Ivy. 1960s American ivy league preppery photographed and cataloged by a collective of style-minded Japanese, the cult title was released domestically and fully-translated for the first time earlier this year. It lists for $24.95 but right now at Amazon it's a mere $14.17.
5. The Wallet: This slim little leather-lined credit card caddy is made from ultra-durable cork! How very adorably clever—upon its being opened you'll be heralded as quite the creative gift-giver. Get it at the Jack Spade e-commerce site for $85.
6. The Towel (that's totally a standard gift category, just go with it): We just really like these Southwestern, faux-tapestry Pendleton bath towels. All four versions are available for $48 each at Urban Outfitters.
7. The Toiletry: Everybody showers! And even if they don't, they probably should. Make all their showers bracing and moisturizing and seasonal with a deliciously tingly special edition cleansing gel by Anthony Logistics. The green one, pictured, is eucalyptus-mint; a second iteration, it's red, is peppermint—$22 for 12-ouncers at the skincare line's site.
· Six Upgrades the Dirty Hipster Might Un-Ironically Appreciate [RNA]
· Six Tweaked Classics for the Basics-challenged Guy In Need [RNA]
· Six Over-the-top Surprises for the Guy Who Has, and Wears, Everything [RNA]
· Love, Frank [RNA]