Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Listen to your mother—turtlenecks are an essential for the winter. Racked trendwatcher Donna Kim picks six of her favorite turtlenecks that are in stores now.
1. Jil Sander cropped turtleneck sweater, $379 at barneys.com: This cropped tweed top would look great over a sleeveless black maxi dress or high-waisted trousers.
2. James Perse stretch-cotton turtleneck top, $85 at net-a-porter.com: A sleek camel colored turtleneck is perfect for layering, and the stretchy fabric in this one is ultra-comfortable.
3. Michael Michael Kors chain-embellished sweater, $130 at net-a-porter.com: This crisp cream turtleneck with chain detailing is perfect for the holidays and won't require much thought for accessorizing.
4. Helmut Lang mixed yarns turtleneck, $242 at lagarconne.com: This oversized turtleneck would look great belted or with leggings for a chic and comfy look.
5. Striped turtleneck, $190 at Theory: A striped turtleneck—like this wool and cashmere blend by Theory—is an essential in everyone’s closet.
6. Chunky turtleneck, $18 at Forever 21: Available in both black and grey, this turtleneck is the perfect length. The detailed shoulders add stylish flair.
· All trendwatcher posts [Racked]