Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Fulfill your 2011 fashion resolutions early by wearing a jaw-dropping party dress in a fun silhouette this New Year's eve. Racked trendwatcher Donna Kim picks six of her favorite party dresses that are in stores now.
1. Adam folded-sequin silk organza dress, $1,495 at net-a-porter.com: This dress is completely encrusted in dazzling sequins.
2. “Tessie” tulle one-shoulder party dress, $440 at Alice + Olivia: A different spin on a classic LBD, the fitted bodice flares out into a short tulle skirt.
3. Alexander Wang velvet off-shoulder dress, $1,380 at BrownsFashion.com: This green velvet statement dress would look best with minimal accessories—the built-in bustier figure-flatters any body type.
4. Isabel Marant “Gia” silk-blend brocade dress, $260 at net-a-porter.com: This glimmering, ruched silver silk brocade dress has a serious '80s feel.
5. Jones and Jones “Wanda” dress, $150 at Topshop.com: This plum sequined shift dress is the perfect party dress for a long night of dancing—plus it's totally washable!
6. Textured strapless dress, $33 at Forever21.com: This olive body-hugging strapless dress is pleated and stretchy to show off your figure—the knee-length hem adds sexy sophistication.
· All trendwatcher posts [Racked]