Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Oh, the trials and tribulations of party girls! What to do when your feet start hurting just past midnight this New Year's Eve/Day? Stash one of these pairs of glittering flats in your handbag and make the footwear switcheroo after the 12 o'clock kiss. They're so pretty and festive, hardly anyone will be the wiser (because, let's face it, they'll probably be too drunk.)
1. Tory Burch "Reva" glitter ballerina flats, $315 at My Theresa: The classic oh-so-comfortable rubber-soled Tory Burch flats get party-spackled in silver glitter for the holidays.
2. Glitter Mary Janes, $16 at Forever 21: Cheap and cheerful, these flats will fold up nicely for easy-toting. Plus they're cute enough to pull out again in the springtime for tan-tastic tights-free wear.
3. Enzo Angiolini "Nilt" flat, $89 at Nordstrom: For ladies who prefer a classic ballerina, but with a bit of structure, these Enzos are understated and sweet.
4. Green glitter ballet flats, $30 at Candy Apple Costumes: Bright green or bright red glitter shoes—you can't really get more festive than that.
5. "Luna" glitter toecap ballerinas, $19 at ASOS: The chic low-cut front and tiny captoe topped with a tiny bow are Chanel-reminiscent—at the very least they're a tiny bit French. Bonus: looks great with warm opaque black tights.
6. Giuseppe Zanotti captoe ballet flats, $314 (orig. $450) at Endless.com: Chic and modern, these Zanottis have a generous round-toe—which will be much appreciated after the all night high-heeled toe-pinching—and are smart enough to wear to office cocktail parties during the year.
7. Miu Miu glitter oxfords, $595 at Barneys: This holiday season's coolest-of-cool oxfords come from Miu Miu, where they're dusted in fairy silver and gold. Oxfords never go out of style—especially when they've got a bit of charm, like these.
8. Chinese Laundry "Goldilocks" in blush glitter, $44 at Lori's Shoes: Understated pink-blushy-gold adds a dash of romance to any party-girl outfit.