Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
It's been an epic year here at Racked National—first, we were born, and then we posted a bunch of things on the internet. Some of your favorite stories were accompanied by some pretty spectacular video footage. Without further ado, here are the top-five most-watched videos on Racked National in 2010.
5. April 2nd - Riot breaks out at American Apparel rummage sale in London: "Literally—it's a fashion riot at the American Apparel Rummage Sale in Brick Lane. What are they fighting over? Some cut-price wet-look leggings? This is what happens when 29,000 rabid shoppers RSVP to your dollar-sale in Brick Lane. No wonder the police closed it down."
4. March 12th - New H&M opens: Shoppers go bananas and salespeople flee: "This is what happened when the new H&M opened in Toulouse, France."
3. March 24th - Isabella Rossellini gets all kinky with bedbugs in "Seduce Me": "The five-episode online series will air on the Sundance Channel and will focus on the mating rituals of animals—such as bedbugs and bats. Animalistic sex and supermodels? Wow, Sundance is getting all Terry Richardson on us."
2. May 26th - Video: the Denim Huggies Diaper commercial is creepy and genius: "My diaper is full of chic, I poo in blue"
1. July 28th - Dying of LOL: Elle's Joe Zee wears Chanel's Yeti suit out and about: "Elle's creative director Joe Zee is, by all accounts—and, in spite of the absurd professional shenanigans they script for him on The City—one of the most-loved stylists and editors in the fashion industry. It's also plain, in this video, that Zee's in possession of one of the best senses of humor ever."