Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Giant, shiny cocktail rings are the perfect jewelry piece to set off your New Year's Eve party dress. Racked trendwatcher Donna Kim picks six of her favorite rings that are in stores now.
1. Noir crystal bubble ring, $148 at intermixonline.com: This oversized bubble ring is a shiny statement piece with dazzling black crystals.
2. Bella R. “Mushroom” ring, $135 at Swarovski-Crystallized.com: Available in seven vibrant colors, this version will surely pop with its luxe, sleek, silver stones.
3. Rhinestone ring, $8 at Forever 21: The faux rhinestones and pearls make for a stylish costume jewelry piece.
4. Kenneth Jay Lane Swarovski crystal-embellished ring, $190 at net-a-
porter.com: This ruby-red ring surrounded by gunmetal hardware and colorful stones would look perfect against a sleek black dress.
5. Lace cocktail ring, $15 at Topshop: The lace-covered stone, and velvet looped ribbon make this ring unique.
6. Allison Daniel sparkle stone ring, $76 at MaxandChloe.com: This 18k gold plated agate stone ring’s mixed metals will work with any outfit.