Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Alexander McQueen has committed suicide, according to reports. "British fashion designer Alexander McQueen has been found dead after taking his own life. The 40-year-old committed suicide just three years after his close friend, Isabella Blow—who plucked him from obscurity and helped him become a star—killed herself. A source at McQueen's office this afternoon confirmed his death, saying: ‘It is a tragic loss. We are not making a comment at this time out of respect for the McQueen family.’"
· Alexander McQueen Commits Suicide [Daily Mail]
· McQueen Tributes Pour In [Telegraph]
· Alexander McQueen, Designer, Is Dead [NYTimes]
· McQueen's Death Brings Celebrity Twitter Tributes [The Mirror]
· Alexander McQueen [Wikipedia]