Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Yesterday, we hung out with Kelly Cutrone, founder and CEO of People's Revolution and star of BravoTV's "Kell on Earth," during her final show of the final fashion week held at Bryant Park. We laughed, we cried, and we ate pizza all while we watched Cutrone produce the Davidelfin show at the tents.
What we didn't tell you in our minute-by-minute liveblog, is that MTV's show The City was filming there at the same time—which means our face is all up in that episode! We managed to catch a few minutes with Cutrone in the W Hotels Lounge after the show, where we were debriefed on what makes the PR powerhouse tick.
· Kelly on how she's portrayed in Kell On Earth: "I think some of it is the real me...they show me being a mother and a boss, but there is the editing." "Remember you're all seeing it at the same time as [myself and People's Revolution] are! The bag that the interns wrote 'Fincial District' on and the teary phone call that Stephanie Voorhees makes to her family?I didn't see that until you all did too!"
· Kelly on her book, If You Have to Cry, Go Outside: "I'm stuck around the self-help section with Deepak Chopra; it's a difficult section to crack." "I didn't really write an autobiography; it's more empowerment and about being a strong woman with obligations."
· Kelly on her upcoming travel plans: "I just found out that I don't have to go to London [for London Fashion Week], thank god. I just want to spend time with Ava and tuck her into bed every night and relax." We actually wondered where Ava was during the Davidelfin show, as we didn't see her. "She's at school! They actually let her out early for the Jeremy Scott show, and she got to enjoy that."
Enjoy the finale video of the Davidelfin show from our spot right behind Cutrone, and the images above, which we snapped throughout our several (bonkers) hours of being her shadow.
· Kelly Cutrone: 'My back is f**ked. I have Fashion Week back' (The Liveblog) [Racked]
· Kell on Earth recaps (Episodes 1 & 2) [Racked NY]
· Kell on Earth recap (Episodes 3 and on) [Racked]