Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
We love shopping on TV.
· Flamingo toilet set, $19.95 + $6.95 s&h: "Add a Touch of Paradise to your Bathroom," is the tagline. We're in it for the eerie disembodied flamingo head on the toilet seat cover.
· Bedazzler Standard, $19.95 + $7.95 s&h: We've wanted a Bedazzler ever since we were 11. 20 years later and we still haven't gotten one. Our mom was right: We'd never use it. But it will always be the classic As-Seen-On-TV product of our childhood.
· Shoe-organizing bedskirt, $14.95 + $6.95 s&h: For those middle-of-the-night emergencies when you're in a footwear pinch.
· 600-piece sewing box, $14.95 + $6.95 s&h: Our sewing needs really are this vast.
· Butter dispenser, $14.95 + $6.95 s&h: Butter has always been delicious, but it hasn't always been this beautiful.
· The Split-Ender, $59.98 + $14.95 s&h: For when you have a lot of split ends, are bored with your scissors, and are too cheap to spring for a trim.