Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Fanboys and girls take note: if Hunter S. Thompson is your hero, your passions include Mark Twain and golf, or an avid teddy bear collector you know is also, coincidentally, obsessed with Jack Kerouac, then do we have some novelty gifts for you.
There's a whole world of author and book-themed merchandise out there—and it's not all just Harry Potter Nimbus 2000s (that's a flying broom to you Muggles). Check out some of the odder entries in this category (above).
· The Ginsberg throw pillow, $23 at Cafe Press
· Harry Potter's Nimbus 2000 Limited Edition, $182 at Amazon.com
· Edward Cullen slash Robert Pattinson shower curtain, $75 at Etsy
· Hunter S. Thompson business card holder, $16 at Beograund
· Banned book bracelet, $22 at The Literary Gift Company
· Mark Twain golf balls, $3.95 at The Mark Twain Museum Store
· Jack Kerouac teddy bear, $20 at Cafe Press
· Book merchandise gets weird [Guardian]