Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
The 2010 CFDA (Council of Fashion Designers of America) nominations and select awards have been announced—this year's Geoffrey Beene lifetime achievement award will go to Michael Kors. Christopher Bailey will receive the international award. Iman will be awarded the style icon award. Kim Hastreiter of Paper will receive the Eugenia Sheppard Award and Vogue's Tonne Goodman will receive the Eleanor Lambert Award. Alexander McQueen will receive a posthumous special tribute award.
· For womenswear designer of the year: Donna Karan, Marc Jacobs, Alexander Wang
· For menswear designer of the year: Tom Ford, Michael Bastian, David Neville, Rag & Bone
· Accessories designer of the year: Marc Jacobs, Proenza Schouler, Alexis Bittar
· Swarovski Award for emerging talent, womenswear: Prabal Gurung, Joseph Altuzarra, Jason Wu
·: Swarovski Award for emerging talent, menswear: Simon Spurr, Patrik Ervell, Richard Chai
· Swarovski Award for emerging talent, accessories: Dana Lorenz, Alexander Wang, Eddie Borgo
The awards ceremony will take place June 7 at Alice Tully Hall at Lincoln Center.
· 2010 CFDA Nominees Announced [WWD]