Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
OK. Let's diverge from fashion and trend retail for just one second. Because there's an amazing Cuisinart sale going on right now at Ideeli, and if we had to name a third love (after fashion and meals), it's kitchen gadgets.
Darling pink toasters for $35! Sexy convection ovens under $200! A 21-piece knife set—a veritable wardrobe of cutlery!—priced at $109? These are, like, one-day-sale prices, except you don't have to schlep everything home yourself, yay! We want everything. And then we want to move into an apartment with a bigger kitchen.
· 11-cup die-cast FD Pro, $190 (orig. $279.99)
· 1700-Watt convection oven, $150 (orig. $299.99)
· 21 pc. cutlery set, $109 (orig. $209)
· Four-slice pink toaster, $35 (orig. $49.99)
· 40L half-round step can, $99 (orig. $139.99)
· Set of four travel mugs, $30 (orig. $59.95)