Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Holy Bananas, Batman! Looks like someone is really desperate to get their foot in the door at 4 Times Square—bidding on the one-week Vogue "internship" has reached $23,000!
Here are some other things—not suggestions, per se, just speculations—the buyer could do with $23,000, besides buying him/herself a fake internship at a fashion magazine:
· Build and sponsor a school for needy children in the Himalayas
· Buy a marble-topped toilet
· Pay Lindsay Lohan's rent
· Buy a top-of-the-line dream machine· Get a rare stamp postmarked "China"
· Anna Wintour, The Legendary Editor-in-Chief of VOGUE is Offering You the Opportunity of a Lifetime! Just Being Near Her Will Make You Chic [CharityBuzz]
· Intern at Versace in NYC and meet Donatella Versace backstage in Milan [CharityBuzz]