Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
It's the internet age: Do you know what your neighbors are buying?
Shop It To Me, the online personal shopping service, mined the data and shopping preferences of 26,000 of its members in New York, 4,800 members in Los Angeles, 26,000 members in Chicago, and 10,000 in San Francisco to find out which brands are tops in different zip codes.
· In 10025, near Columbia University, Banana Republic is king and Nine West shoes are #1
· In 10021, the Upper East Side, shoppers' top picks are Theory and Jimmy Choo
· In SoHo and the East Village, shoppers want Chloe, Free People, and Vince—and SoHo residents lead all of NYC with their Tory Burch obsession
· In 10027, Central Harlem, the #1 most-wanted brand is Victoria's Secret
· Both LA and SF residents covet Ella Moss and North Face waaay more than their East Coast brethren.
· San Francisco Bay Area shoppers aren't as diverse, zip code to zip code, as New Yorkers—the SF crowd, overall, are most keen on Citizens of Humanity, Kate Spade, and Diane von Furstenberg.
· In 90077, Bel Air, the most wanted list includes Prada, Gucci, and Dolce & Gabbana.
· Beverly Hills' #1 searched-for brand? Juicy Couture
· As for Hollywood residents? They're mad for Steve Madden.
· Chicagoans living on the Gold Coast, 60610, or in Wrigleyville, 60657, pretty much live and die for Ugg boots.
· Shop It To Me, Unzipped: The Brands You Love Where You Live [Shopittome]