Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
For all the talk about online sample sales, it's rare to find a true sample sale online—one that doesn't simply redistribute overstock, but sells one-of-a-kind designer samples. Today's Christian Cota sample sale at Ideeli appears to be a true sample sale. Among the collection of separates and evening dresses (killer cocktail dresses, really), there are a handful of one-of-a-kind studio pieces. They're stunning—and Cota is certainly a hot designer, one to definitely watch.
The sale starts at noon; check out our picks:
· One of a kind nude sheath, $1,099 (orig. $3,013)
· One of a kind white gown, $879 (orig. $2,415)
· One of a kind sweetheart neckline black dress, $1,149 (orig. $3,174)
· White jacquard strapless dress, $339 (orig. $950)
· Fitteddraped red dress, $279 (orig. $775)
· Shawlcardigan, $199 (orig. $595)