Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
New blog feature obsession: Self Service's "The 10 Essentials," wherein important fashion industry people give up their lists of 10 most important style/lifestyle items in their lives—their can't-live-withouts. Like, Guillaume Henry, the creative director of Carven loves:
1. Hanes white t-shirtsTruth is, we're suckers for any good listicle (articles that are lists)—like Vanity Fair's back-page Proustian Questionnaire. We live for it. Listicles always get us thinking about how the secret minimalist inside us—deep inside, buried under relentless layers of maximalist disarray—would simplify our lives down to just ten-or-so items.
2. Moleskine Diary and stamps
3. Rain by Marc Jacobs
4. Play cardigan by Comme des Garçons
5. Ladurée, Rue Royale
6. Books of photography
7. Jelly Belly
9. Musée de la vie romantique, Paris
10. Beige Clarks
What's on your list of "10 Essentials"? Tell us in the comments.
· The 10 Essentials, Guillaume Henry, creative director, Carven [Self Service]