Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Now that spring-summer 2011 sales are in full-swing, we'll be diving headfirst into first markdowns—because, despite only saving maybe only 20% to 30% off the original price, this is when the selection is best and you're more likely to score something you may actually have wanted earlier on in the season and save some cash on it. Wait around for second markdowns and the good stuff might be gone.
Check out the Luisa Via Roma sale, which just started with the expected 20% to 30% markdown. The $1,625 Balmain ripped T-shirt has been marked down to just over $1,000, what a steal! (Just kidding.) There are some other great things to found, though—like some choice handbags from Yves Saint Laurent and Ann Demeulemeester, a nice selection of shoes and clothes from luxury European designers like Lanvin and Erdem, as well as a solid, but odd smattering of accessories from the spike-and-studmasters at Givenchy.
· Balmain destroyed cotton jersey T-shirt, $1,025.60 (orig. $1,465.10)
· Ann Demeulemeester leather top handle bag, $1,270.10 (orig. $1,814.40)
· Givenchy medium Nightingale nylon top-handle bag, $843.60 (orig. $1,205.10)
· Lanvin ribbed gold plaque bangle, $190.40 (orig. $272)
· Erdem printed silk satin dress, $740.30 (orig. $1,057.60)
· Yves Saint Laurent Roadie top-handle bag, $1,574.60 (orig. $1,968.30)