Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Have you joined Foursquare yet? The location-based social networking app seems to be taking the world by storm, and since they just surpassed the two million user mark and received an injection of fresh investment, there's no end in sight.
Foursquare has already received considerable interest from fashion brands with their fingers on the beat of what's next, and here's the five you should follow:
· Louis Vuitton: Sadly, you can only earn LV's single "Louis Vuitton Insider" Badge is by checking into three of their recommended venues in London. It makes sense however, since this whole partnership came about to celebrate the opening of LV's huge Louis Vuitton Maison on New Bond Street. Current friend count: 8,018
· Marc Jacobs: Although MJ's "Fashion Victim" badge was only active during February's NY Fashion Week, the MJ team is still hopping around the city, leaving priceless tips and checking into the most exclusive parties and hottest restaurants. Current friend count: 5,131
· Lucky Magazine: The "Elite Shopper" badge is probably the best of the fashion badges, since you can get it for checking into five of Lucky's recommend shops (all with notable tips),and they aren't restricted to just New York City stores Examples: Posh on Main in Bellevue, WA; Katherine in Jackson, WY; and Parts & Labour in Austin, TX. Current friend count: 15,543.
· Jimmy Choo: Although Jimmy Choo's "CatchaChoo" foursquare doesn't have any badges, it did have a huge contest. In spring, Choo hid a slew of pairs from their new sneaker collection around London, checking them in on Foursquare. The first follower to show up got them for free. The contest may be over, but that doesn't mean it won't happen again. Current friend count: 1,209
· Bravo Television: Bravo is badge central. It may be a television network and not a fashion brand in actuality, but its tips for earning the "Bravo Newbie," "Real Housewife," "Fashionista," "Lookin For Love," "Top Chef" and "Hair Aware" badges will take you from Ralph Lauren's Rhinelander Mansion store to the Neiman Marcus Cafe in Beverly Hills. Current friend count: 36,245.