Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
If you've never held out til Sunday to go swimsuit shopping, well, maybe you should. The folks over at Lifehacker uncovered a study that culled data from online sale aggregator Shopittome detailing which days of the week have the best deals on different product categories. Check it out:
· Mondays: Best for buying men's and women's dress pants. The average sale is about 48 percent off. Also great for purchasing sunglasses. The average discount is 55 percent.· The best days of the week to buy clothes online [Lifehacker]
· Tuesdays: Best for buying men's apparel. The average discount is 42 percent.
· Wednesdays: Find lowest prices on shoes. The average discount is 38 percent. Also find best deals on kids' clothing. The average discount is around 40 percent.
· Thursdays: Best for buying women's handbags. The average discount is 36 percent.
· Fridays: Biggest sales on accessories like jewelry, belts and scarves. The average discount is 42 percent.
· Saturdays: Best sales on intimates (37 percent off) and jackets/outerwear (51 percent off).
· Sundays: Buy your swimsuits for an average 52 percent off!