Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Did you know that the boyfriend of The Hills alumna Lo Bosworth—proprietor of thelodown.com, a site we're really starting to like—owns a clothing business?
Scott Hochstadt graduated from the University of Maryland in 2000 and founded Adrenaline Lacrosse, a sport-inspired line of casualwear. This week he chats with his girlfriend, Bosworth, about how he started his fashion business. He says that starting a company like his can be accomplished in eight steps:
1. Pinpoint your passionGot it, good advice. Now, who wants to start a clothing line? Let's do it.
2. Come up with your business plan
3. Get the money
4. Identify a mentor
5. Take advantage of the internet
6. Work with strategic partners
7. Look at the books
8. Have an exit strategy
· Adrenaline Lacrosse [Official Site]
· How to start a business in 8 steps [The Lodown]