Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Anna Wintour takes her seat early at Donna Karan, with Grace Coddington too.
- Anna Wintour during the Donna Karan show
- Can you name them all? Suzy Menkes, Cathy Horyn, Grace Coddington, Anna Wintour, Virginia Smith, Tonne Goodman, Andre Leon Talley (and check out Hamish Bowles, second row top left.
- Three awesomes at Donna Karan: Cathy Horyn of the NYT and Grace and Anna of American Vogue.
- Ashley Greene posing at Donna Karan
- Susan Sarandon avec puppie
- A better look at Susan Sarandon's dog.
- Donna comes out to take her bow
At 2 p.m. today, Greenwich Street in the West Village was at a standstill, clogged with black SUVs and town cars en route to drop off their precious cargo at the Donna Karan Collection runway show—we're talking top editors, of course.
We arrived early after witnessing a mob scene outside the DKNY show yesterday—and that was just for a glimpse of the likes of Estelle and Leigh Lezark. Today's parade beat that by a kazillion, as we found Vogue's Anna Wintour and Grace Coddington already in their seats, before anyone else had even arrived.
Anna, with a single bodyguard in tow, sat prim and proper while being joined by her colleagues Andre Leon Talley, Tonne Goodman and Virginia Smith. Hamish Bowles sat in the second row, with Suzy Menkes and the NYT's Cathy Horyn just below him in the front as well.
On the mainstream celeb front, we had a cameo from Twilight's Ashley Greene, who had just flown in from Los Angeles after appearing at last night's MTV Video Music Awards. Happily, Greene traded vampire gear for a sapphire dress at Donna Karan. And let's not forget Susan Sarandon, who brought her puppy. At first, from a distance and with her back to us, we got all excited at the thought that perhaps Mad Men's Christina Hendricks had dropped by, but forgive us; maybe next season?
· All Fashion Week Spring 2011 coverage [Racked National]