Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Johnny Weir vogues at Grey Ant.
- Johnny Weir, front row with Waris Ahluwalia at right.
- Grey Ant's Teva heels.
- What to wear with your nude Teva heels.
- Grey Ant's black Teva heels.
- What to wear with your black Teva heels.
- Grey Ant's cardboard shoes.
- There goes a butt bra
- The butt bra, close-up! It looks like a low-lying leather belt from the front
- Floral cardboard shoes!
- One of the first looks, with Teva heels
- Weir's ensemble
Marilyn Monroe once said "I just love finding new places to wear diamonds," and at the Grey Ant runway show yesterday evening,the sentiment was the same—just with bras and cardboard instead. Grey Ant designer Grant Krajecki showed bra-belts, shoes made of corrugated cardboard, haute bedsheet gowns and his collaboration with Teva sandals to make Teva heels. His audience included Olympic figure skater Johnny Weir, who, wearing pointy silver oxfords and carrying what looked like a melting Birkin bag, commented: "I love attending Fashion Week. I need to see the creativity."
It was a vague reply, but creativity is what Grey Ant needed for the literal interpretation of the collection's inspiration: Grant's move from LA to New York. The Teva heels are hilarious, and no doubt they'll find their way to at least a few of Grey Ant's stockists, like Opening Ceremony, Bergdorf Goodman and Revolve Clothing.
· Grey Ant [Official Site]
· All fashion week coverage [Racked]