Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Colorful patent leather purses are fashionable and functional (read: water-resistant) in this snowy and rainy weather, and these vibrant colors can make any outfit pop. Racked trendwatcher Donna Kim picks six of her favorite handbags that are in stores now.
1. Michael by Michael Kors “Top Zip” tote, $198 at endless.com: This teal patent leather tote would work for both work and school, and the hidden side pockets are roomy enough to carry a slew of handheld devices.
2. Ted Baker “Ted Letter” patent bag, $195 at nordstrom.com: The fun shape of this fire-engine red bucket bag keeps everything in your purse neatly organized—plus, it has pockets galore.
3. Hobo International “Monica” fold-over tote, $298 at endless.com: It comes with a detachable chain strap and the spacious interior can even hold a laptop.
4. Mulberry “Bayswater” patent leather bag, $1,150 at net-a-porter.com: Hot pink is one of the it-colors this season. This Mulberry bag would look great paired with a monochromatic outfit.
5. “Washington Mews Maryanne” chained tote, $425 at Kate Spade: The mango ochre shade is also another statement color this season, and the sleek design and delicate chain detail is super-chic.
6. Miu Miu patent leather turn lock bag, $792 at mytheresa.com: The adorable shape of this lilac patent leather turn-lock bag is great for day or night.
· All trendwatcher posts [Racked]