Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Shades of blue nail polish are one of this year's top beauty trends. Racked trendwatcher Donna Kim picks six of her favorite blue nail polishes that are in stores now.
1. Nars “Blue Lagoon” nail polish, $16 at beauty.com: In an iridescent powder blue, this limited-edition polish has UV protection and a chip-resistant formula for extra long wear.
2. Nicole by OPI “My Lifesaver” nail lacquer, $7 at walmart.com: Not only does Justin Bieber’s collaboration with OPI carry fresh and retro colors, but it also helps raise awareness and funds for a nonprofit organization called “Pencils of Promise.”
3. Hello Kitty “Blueberry” nail polish, $10 at sephora.com: How adorable is the bottle? Every Hello Kitty and Sanrio lover needs to have this pastel shade of periwinkle blue.
4. Butter London “Artful Dodger” nail lacquer, $14 at nordstrom.com: Streak-free, chip-free, and highly pigmented polishes by Butter London make it worth the investment. This creamy light blue is a luxurious color.
5. China Glaze “For Audrey” nail polish, $9 at chinaglazediva.com: Ever wanted to have a polish just like a Tiffany’s box? This replica shade glides on smoothly, and is one of China Glaze’s best sellers.
6. Sephora by OPI “Midnight Mambo” $9 at sephora.com: Instead of a clear top coat, apply a thin layer of this glittery polish to add a sparkly touch.
· All trendwatcher posts [Racked]