Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Oversized shades, sleek neutrals, and groovy prints hit the runways from Etro to Salvatore Ferragamo this spring. Racked trendwatcher Donna Kim picks six of her favorite 70s-inspired pieces that are in stores now.
1. Ruffled pleats blouse, $88 at shopnastygal.com: The accordion pleated panels with mother-of-pearl button details are reminiscent of the 70s, and looks super stylish with high waisted trousers.
2. Treesje “Metro” clutch, $307 at endless.com: Available in both black and toffee brown, this clutch has a zipper and turn lock to ensure security for your belongings, and the geometric pleating gives it a unique shape.
3. Retro diamond print playsuit, $100 at Topshop: To really play up the 70s trend, wear this printed romper with navy blue tights and camel colored heels for a casual but put-together look.
4. Valentino vintage oversized sunglasses, $485 at farfetch.com: The clear frame and retro red sides of these sunglasses are a true conversation starter.
5. “Dakota” platform clog, $130 French Connection: Whether paired with opaque tights or worn without them, these wooden T-strap platform heels are a staple for spring. Also, the modest platform heel makes these shoes more comfortable.
6. Chloë Sevigny for Opening Ceremony Fogal tights, $85 at lagarconne.com: These quirky semi-opaque tights are vintage inspired and would look great with neutral platform clogs or with an oversized tunic sweater.
· All trendwatcher posts [Racked]