Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Prada and Derek Lam presented the new “It” shoe for spring on the runways—the flat platform. Racked trendwatcher Donna Kim picks six of her favorite flatform shoes that are in stores now.
1. Chloé wedge platform espadrilles, $575 at saksfifthavenue.com: A fresh update on the espadrille, these double T-strap wedges have a three-inch platform and crepe sole.
2. Jeffrey Campbell “Alexa” lace up wedge bootie, $132 at oaknyc.com: Canvas platforms with a lace up front are a fashionable statement and would look great worn with tights or cuffed pants.
3. Joe’s Jeans “Brenda” leopard print wedges, $185 at heels.com: Get noticed with these super-high platform wedges with ponyhair leopard print straps. Wear them with black opaque tights for a chic look.
4. Fendi “110 MM” platform wedges, $1,068 at luisaviaroma.com: Architecturally striking, these killer platforms have a divided wedge and cleverly placed straps for comfort.
5. Prada patent leather platform sandals, $650 at saksfifthavenue.com: These pink patent leather wedge sandals are the ultimate must-have for spring, and the modest platform has just the right amount of height for all-day wear.
6. Celine black velvet studded platform wedges, $556 at bluefly.com: A sky-high retro inspired wedge is not only trendy, but can also be worn in many ways with the black leather straps and neutral platform.
· All trendwatcher posts [Racked]