Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Models rocked the runways this spring in lavender lips, bold purple looks, and jewel-tone accessories. Racked trendwatcher Donna Kim picks six of her favorite purple pieces that are in stores now.
1. DKNY “Delicious Juicy Berry” perfume, $55 at donnakaran.com: The scent is a combination of blackberry, apple blossoms, and rose petals to leave an invigorating and fruity scent.
2. MAC “Stylishly Yours Style Curve” lipstick, $15 at nordstrom.com: A bold shade of purple on your lips is the new classic red—keep makeup on the eyes minimal.
3. “Wildberry” asymmetrical tunic, $48 at Armani Exchange: Sexy, drapy, and stretchy, this comfortable tunic top can be worn in many different ways and this hue of purple works great with neutral bottoms or sleek black pieces.
4. Jeweled filigree chandelier earrings, $8 at Forever 21: Put your hair in a loose updo to make these embellished bohemian-inspired earrings really pop.
5. Yves Saint Laurent “Tribute” sandal, $760 at shopzoeonline.com: Wear these classic tribute pumps in this gorgeous shade of purple with skinny white pants or a flowy print dress to really amp up your spring attire.
6. “Butterflies Fever” blush, $40 at Lancome: Lancome’s latest collection is inspired by the 70s and designed by Alexis Mabille. The beautiful compact has shimmery colors of pinks and purples and would look best worn on the apples of the cheeks.
· All trendwatcher posts [Racked]