Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
For spring, designers like Chris Benz and Proenza Schouler showed prints on the runways. Try mixing and matching different prints to achieve an eclectic look. Racked trendwatcher Donna Kim picks six of her favorite printed pieces that are in stores now.
1. “Wisteria Lane” dress, $92 at French Connection: This sequined shift dress is 80s-inspired with the tasseled shoulder pads and retro color. Pair with opaque tights for a polished option for nighttime.
2. Multi floral gypsy top, $39 at Dorothy Perkins: The billowy sleeves and flared bottom is extremely comfortable, and would look boho-chic worn with a maxi skirt or a pair of high waisted light washed jeans.
3. Milly “Hayley” floral-print dress, $395 at net-a-porter.com: The wide belt helps accentuate a tiny waist, and the adorable print is perfect for day time and would look fantastic with bold colored accessories.
4. Polka dot shorts, $190 at Marni: The quirky print is 70s inspired, and the stretchy waistband makes these shorts comfortable to wear all day. Try wearing them with a subtle printed top and platform wedges for a real fashion statement.
5. DV by Dolce Vita “Evie” romper, $123 at helianthusny.com: Aztec print and coral are also huge trends, and this romper is the perfect throw on piece.
6. Rose deco print shorts, $70 at Topshop: These girly shorts have pleating in the front so it almost looks like a skirt, and would be a fantastic option for night paired with a black blazer and pumps.
· All trendwatcher posts [Racked]