Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Instead of a sticky gloss or a smudging lipstick, try a naturally tinted lip stain that will last all day. Racked trendwatcher Donna Kim picks six of her favorite lip stains that are in stores now.
1. “Outlast Lipstain” $7 at CoverGirl: Available in ten colors, these marker-like applicators make precise-application easy and the water-based formula lasts for hours.
2. Stila “Cherry Crush” lip and cheek stain, $24 at Ulta.com: This cherry tint lip stain gives your pout a retro-inspired rouge.
3. Tokidoki “Fantastico” lip stain, $15 at Sephora.com: This felt-tip lip stain pen moisturizes your lips. It also smells all yummy and mango-y.
4. Revlon “Just Bitten” lip stain, $4 at Amazon.com: The roller-ball applicator is easy to use, and the faint shade is perfect for a subtle look.
5. Laura Mercier lip stain, $25 at Yesstyle.com: Acts as both a lip balm and tint and finishes your lips with a satin, glossy look.
6. Lorac “Sheer Wash” lip and cheek tint, $20 at Ulta.com: This travel-sized lip and cheek roller is ideal for touch ups, and the deep rouge leaves a lasting impression.
· All trendwatcher posts [Racked]