Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Last night at the SAG Awards, stars such as Mila Kunis, Sofia Vergara, and Kyra Sedgwick graced the red carpet with beachy waves and soft, neutral makeup. Racked trendwatcher Donna Kim picks six of favorite eye shadow palettes and hot tools that are in stores now.
1. Dior “Sunset Café” five-color eyeshadow, $68 at yesstyle.com: From blush pink to peachy coral, this palette consists of everyday neutrals and also two of the hottest shades for spring. Use the dark brown shadow as the smoky shade and the others for blending.
2. NYX “Catwalk” 10 color palette, $11 at nyxcosmetics.com: The 10 shades of matte and shimmery shadows can help achieve the perfect daytime look in just one sweep. Any of the colors are appropriate for daytime, and the lighter hues are great for highlighting.
3. Guerlain “Russian Beauty” eyeshadow palette, $59 nordstrom.com: The packaging and design of the eye shadows are stunning, but what’s more exciting is how highly pigmented the shadows are. Each color in the palette is extremely natural but can be blended to create a bombshell look.
4. Amika “triple barrel pro-curler” set, $175 at sephora.com: Though it may look a little scary, the concept behind a clampless curling iron is actually brilliant. It comes with three detachable rods and a heat protecting glove to ensure a no-burn method to achieving gorgeous curls.
5. Conair “Xtreme Instant Heat” jumbo rollers, $30 at conair.com: Get retro inspired curls with this set of 12 jumbo rollers with included hair pins. After the whole set is in your head, leave in for about 15-20 minutes and comb through the bouncy curls to achieve a more relaxed hairstyle.
6. Remington “H9000” pear ceramic heated clip rollers, $40 at amazon.com: Heats up in 90 seconds, and sets curls in five minutes—this time efficient hot rollers system is perfect for last minute touch ups or for a quick hairdo.
· All trendwatcher posts [Racked]