Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Instead of bronzer or blush, try an illuminator or highlighter for a quick and easy way to get a radiant glow. Racked trendwatcher Donna Kim picks six of her favorite highlighters and illuminators that are in stores now.
1. Smashbox “Baked Fusion” soft lights, $30 at qvc.com: This dial of five bronze shades makes it easy to apply and blend all over your face for a quick boost of color.
2. BareMinerals “Brightening Gold Mineral Veil” duo, $24 at ulta.com: This can be used as a finishing powder after all makeup is applied, or the warm pearlescent color can be worn alone for a fresh and flawless glow.
3. MAC “Mineralize Skinfinish” highlighter, $28 at nordstrom.com: This sheer velvet-like powder has a frosty and metallic finish.
4. Yves Saint Laurent highlighter palette, $65 at yslbeautyus.com: The perfect combination of beige blush and copper bronzer can be dusted all over the face for a refreshed look.
5. Guerlain “Meteorites Teint Rose 01” illuminating powder, $56 at sephora.com: The blend of six multi-colored pearls helps erase imperfections and works with a broad range of skin tones.
6. Physician’s Formula “Summer Eclipse” $12 at drugstore.com: Ideal for all skin types with its hypoallergenic and oil-free formula, this vibrant and bi-colored highlighting bronzer provides the perfect amount of shimmery color.
· All trendwatcher posts [Racked]