Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
After seeing Martha Stewart's "Motha" costume on the cover of her Halloween issue, we've had gigantic, ridiculous fake eyelashes on the brain. Even though Halloween is still 30 days away, that doesn't mean you can't start slapping feathers and crystals on your lids now. We've rounded up eight of our favorite crazy fake eyelashes, all available for purchase online and all nothing short of mindblowing, after the jump.
1. "Ethnic Charm" eyelashes, $65 at Shu Uemura: Shu Uemura broke a lot of hearts when they took their products out of the US, but you can still peruse (and buy) their eyelashes online, as well as all of their other products. These are our favorite.
2. Mattese Elite Lashes "Party 1357," $10 at Ricky's. Ricky's is pretty much your go-to place for anything outlandish, so it's no wonder we found this amazing pink and black-tipped pair while surfing the site.
3. Mattese Elite Lashes "Party 1167," $8 at Ricky's: These are a bit easier on the eyes, so to speak, since they look a little more lightweight than most of the other pairs. That doesn't make them any less dramatic, though.
5. "Parrot" eyelashes, $10 at NYX Cosmetics: At first, these kind of looked like watermelons. Turns out, they're just parrot colored, according to the name. But we say whether you want to dress up as a parrot or dress up as a watermelon, go for it.
6. Spirys eye jewelry, at Etsy: Okay, these aren't actually fake eyelashes: They're eye jewelry made out of glass beads and thin beading wire, and they look heavy as hell.
7. Heidi Feather Lashes, $7 at My Diva's Closet: Nevermind the scarily-distant gaze in this models eyes, her feather lashes look amazing.
8. Green Quail Feather, $7 at My Diva's Closet: Here's another feather option, this time in green. If your Halloween costume just so happens to be the female version of Quail Man, well, these would be perfect.
· All Buy It Now Posts