Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Stylelist has an interview with Victoria's Secret model Chrissy Teigen, and the Angel comes across as bubbly and relatable. Of course, there are the obligatory questions about the particulars of her food consumption and her relationship with John Legend, but there are a couple of highly quotable bits too. We rounded up five of our faves.
1. "I was a backside model for Victoria’s Secret's website and it ended up being the most painful thing I have done. It’s the four little pictures of different angles if you click on a picture of a bottom -- they have people come in and do that. No face involved, just butt. I had to pop my butt out the entire time and I remember that my back was in the most pain of my entire life."
2. "I’m also in the season finale of Bravo’s “Mad Fashion.” The finale covers Chris March making my dress for the Met Ball. It’s going to be fun episode. I definitely requested the human hair."
3. "I can’t swim! I’m a swimsuit model, but I’m not modeling scuba gear or anything so I don’t have to get in the water."
4. "I love Dior Airflash foundation. The only problem is that I travel a lot and I always forget to put it in my luggage. No matter how small aerosol cans are, security takes it away from my purse. It’s so upsetting when they take away my brand-new, $60 can of Dior foundation. I fight for it every time."
5. "Let’s face it –- it’s not that difficult to be a swimsuit model."
· Casting Call: Chrissy Teigen [Stylelist]
· Is Karlie Kloss Going to Walk the Victoria's Secret Runway? [Racked]