Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Linda Evangelista lathers up for shampoo commercial.
- Karen Elson's lingerie ad featured red-bottomed male models.
- RuPaul's Drag Race star Carmen Carerra appears in her first fragrance ad.
- Friends Of Meisel, including Anna Dello Russo, Polly Mellen, Marie-Amelie Sauve, and Lori Goldstein star in this skincare ad.
In Steven Meisel's latest editorial for W, he plays with the conventions of beauty and fashion ads. Starring the likes of Linda Evangelista, Anna Dello Russo, and Karen Elson, these shots play on the cliches associated with commercials and have a whole lot of fun in the process.
· Steven Meisel's Amazing Fake Ads for W Magazine [Grazia]
· Steven Meisel vs W Magazine [Racked]
· Prada's Fall 2011 Ad Campaign Shot by Steven Meisel [Racked]