Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Charlize Theron already has one Oscar to her name, but a movie like this would be great bait for a second one.
- Cate Blanchett has played everyone from Katharine Hepburn to Bob Dylan, so she can basically do anything.
- There's no question about January Jones' resemblance to Kelly - she even played the actress in a "Rear Window" sketch on SNL. But she may not have the acting chops to carry a movie.
- Though Carey Mulligan's probably too young for the role, she could be great in flashback scenes.
- Naomi Watts could be the perfect combination of looks and acting ability.
- Michelle Williams is red hot right now, but she just wrapped a film where she played Marilyn Monroe and the attempt to play another iconic film star might not work.
The recent Monaco royal wedding has revitalized interest in a long-rumored Grace Kelly biopic. Vogue reports that the film, which hasn't been cast yet, will focus on Grace as Princess of Monaco during "a six-month-period in 1962 during which Monaco became embroiled in a dispute with French President Charles de Gaulle, who was unhappy with the principality's status as a tax haven." Basically every blonde actress in Hollywood is said to be up for the role, which screams Oscar bait. But who do we think has the chance to play the role - and wear the gorgeous costumes?
· Princess Grace: The Movie [Vogue UK]
· The Other Royal Wedding: Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock [Racked]